The National Park Service teamed up with the District Department of Transportation to hold its fourth annual "Feet in the Street" Event on Car Free Day this year! Come explore Fort Dupont’s 361 acres from 10am until 4pm as they close down all of the park’s streets to motor vehicles.
Residents and visitors are invited to put their "Feet in the Street” and run, walk, bike, skate, and move along this 1.6 mile long corridor.
There will also be organized activities and programs including:
- 5k Walk/Run to kickoff the event
- Guided nature hikes
- Rock climbing wall
- Physical fitness classes
- Community garden tours and vegetable gleaning
- Healthy cooking demonstrations and Farmer's Market
- Face painting
- Free bike rentals courtesy of Bike and Roll
- Capital Bikeshare test rides and free ride coupons